innovating at the speed of change
Since 1979, Brad and Mary Barger have been on a mission to solve the nuances of fluid power. What started as a contract machining company has grown into a multi-brand manufacturing company spanning over 40,000 square feet in Monticello, Minnesota.
Suburban Manufacturing Group is shaping the future through listening, learning, and solving to create a fluid power world where every business has the opportunity to achieve its fullest potential. Wherever you hope to take your future, Suburban Manufacturing Group has the grit and versatility to get you there.
who we are
Suburban Manufacturing Group is a a growing, family owned and operated company in Monticello, MN serving multiple industries as a manufacturer of industrial equipment and textiles. We are best known for our three brands within fluid power: Tsunami Compressed Air Solutions, LubeMinder Automatic Oil & Grease Systems and Python Protective Sleeves + Covers.
what we do
Suburban Manufacturing Group is shaping the future by creating products that solve problems, simplify processes, and provide consistent performance for hydraulic and pneumatic applications. We develop, create, sew, and assemble products in-house with the goal of improving our customers' equipment performance while providing safety, energy efficiency, reliability, and protection for people and equipment.
At Suburban Manufacturing Group, Core Values are the foundation of our organization and at the center of everything we do.
Having the confidence and ingenuity to meet the needs of the customer and employees.
Creating dynamic teams where employees emphasize higher purpose over self.
Exploring new ideas and considering fresh perspectives to challenge the status quo.
Where passion and technology produce breakthrough results.
Being fully engaged in the needs of our customers and employees.
why work at suburban
At nearly 100 people, you are more than a just a number. By living our values, our people learn, grow, and bring ideas, recommendations and solutions contributing to both personal and organizational success. A collaborative commitment to training, mentoring, and can-do attitude drives advancement opportunities within a team or into other departments including engineering, machining, logistics, sales and more.
PEOPLE, PASSION, ENERGY
A collaborative commitment to training, mentoring, and can-do attitude drives advancement opportunities within a team or into other departments including engineering, machining, logistics, sales, and more.
- Structured on-boarding programs to train and develop new team members to understand our processes
- Professional development opportunities for all team members, including on-going education
- Promotions and performance-based raises to promote hard work and success
Suburban team members enjoy the following industry-standard benefits:
- Generous paid time off, extended paid time off, and holiday time off
- Parental paid time off for birth of child
- Basic Life and Accidental Insurance
- 401k with company match contributions
- Short- and Long-term Disability Insurance and Additional Short-term Disability Pay
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance with employer premium cost share
- Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Benefits unique to our company:
- No mandatory overtime
- Paid volunteer time
- Tuition/class reimbursement
- Student loan payment assistance for graduates
- Quarterly luncheons, holiday parties, and other team events
- Access to free company golf membership at select nearby courses
Suburban Manufacturing Group is committed to the principles of equal employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any local, state, or federal protected status’.