At Suburban Manufacturing Group, our workplace is fun, welcoming and inspiring. Here's 7 reasons to kick start your career with us in 2023!
So why work at Suburban Manufacturing Group? Let's jump into it!
Yes, the people! Wake up every day excited to work with others you truly enjoy being around. We have a fun, relaxed culture that simply can't be beat. With nearly 100 employees, you are more than just a number.
We understand the value of investing in our employees' goals and aspirations through training and education. Read more about advancement programs for employees seeking to grow, both personally and professionally. Tuition reimbursement is one of our unique benefits available for those ready to jump into something new!
We are growing!
Suburban is quickly advancing within the fluid power industry. We believe that objects in motion will stay in motion. We need bright minds to accelerate growth and solve problems.
With Suburban, the sky is the limit. You will have the opportunity to:
- Expand your responsibilities
- Join new teams
- Work on innovative projects
Contribute today and see your impact tomorrow. Our employees can put their fingerprint on the organization and have a real impact on the outcome of every product that goes out the door.
Our new 20,000 square foot expansion is coming along and will allow for growth in every department.
Investing In Youth
We firmly believe in inspiring local youth through real-life experiences in the manufacturing industry.
Coming soon in 2023, we are adding an apprenticeship program for high school and college students. We are excited for the opportunity to offer space for students to grow their knowledge and skills while still in school! This program will offer flexible hours to work around class schedules.
Suburban provides tuition and class reimbursement as well as student loan payment assistance for graduates. For more information about internship opportunities, email us at HR@gosuburban.com.
Our work-life balance is second to none. We offer flexible hours and are accommodating for life events and families. In addition, flexibility and variety are encouraged in every day tasks.
At Suburban, variety is the spice of life. No two days, or tasks, are the same. Each day brings new challenges and projects that add variety. Everyone enjoys the opportunity to make everyday different and overcome new challenges.
Every Opinion is Valued
We all get to put our hand in company-moving projects. Our leaders roll up their sleeves and dig-in alongside us. Everyone is encouraged to speak up about areas of improvement, recommendations, and new ideas. We have an approachable atmosphere with "open door" policy for any concerns or questions.
Here at Suburban, we have a "DIYer" mentality and our management staff knows the value in promoting autonomy. Everyone is trusted to do their jobs and become their own experts. Everyone, and yes, we mean everyone, is willing to answer questions or point you in the right direction. Our team is eager to engage and help in any way possible.
In addition to an upbeat work environment, our employees enjoy a wide array of benefits:
- Generous paid time off, extended paid time off, and holiday time off
- Competitive wages
- Parental paid time off for birth of child
- Basic Life and Accidental Insurance
- 401k with company match contributions
- Short- and Long-term Disability Insurance and Additional Short-term Disability Pay
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance with employer premium cost share
- Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
In addition to our industry-standard benefits, we also offer a variety of unique benefits:
- No mandatory overtime
- Paid volunteer time
- Tuition/class reimbursement
- Student loan payment assistance for graduates
- Quarterly luncheons, holiday parties, and other team events - including an annual trip to a Twins baseball game
- Access to free company golf membership at select nearby courses
Valued to Our Core
Our culture truly stems from the top. Suburban is family owned and it shows in the day-to-day work environment. We have strong family values that allow our employees to have the best work-life balance possible. Suburban is committed to the local community by finding new ways to give back.
Each and every day, from small day-to-day tasks to big picture goals, we live true to our core values.
- Can-Do Attitude: Having the confidence and ingenuity to meet the needs of the customer and employees.
- Craftsmanship: Creating dynamic teams where employees emphasize higher purpose over self.
- Curiosity: Exploring new ideas and considering fresh perspectives to challenge the status quo.
- Collaboration: Where passion and technology produce breakthrough results.
- Commitment: Being fully engaged in the needs of our customers and employees.
By living our values, our people learn, grow, and bring ideas, recommendations and solutions contributing to both personal and organizational success. A collaborative commitment to training, mentoring, and can-do attitude drives advancement opportunities within a team or into other departments including engineering, machining, logistics, sales and more.
Suburban Manufacturing Group is an industrial equipment and textiles manufacturer that started as a small contract machining company. We have quickly grown into a large enterprise serving multiple industries across the globe.
Make your next big career move with Suburban! Check out our current job openings.