So you applied for a position at Suburban Manufacturing Group. Great! We're glad you did. Wondering what to expect throughout the hiring process at Suburban? Our HR team answered your top 10 questions.
1. How do I apply?
If you are interested in an open position at Suburban, you can apply through our website or on the Indeed job listing.
2. What does the interview process look like?
We interview both via the phone or web conference and in-person. During the interview, you may be asked about your previous work experience or education and you will be given the opportunity to ask any questions you may have about the company or position.
3. Do you offer informational interviews?
Yes! If you are interested in a position that is not currently open or are looking for more information about the company, schedule an informational interview. We would love to set up a time to connect with you.
4. I applied for an open position but have not heard back; why is that?
Please be patient while we review all applicants. We aim to communicate hiring status to candidates in a timely manner. If you have questions during the interview process, please reach out to HR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. How should I prepare for my interview?
Candidates can anticipate discussing more about the position, the organization, and specifically sharing their past work experiences – for example ‘a time when you worked well with a team’ or ‘a time when you dealt with a difficult customer’. As an organization, we pride ourselves on living our values in our work.
There are a few steps you can take to help prepare for an upcoming interview.
- Research the company. Does the companies goals and values align with your goals and values?
- Be sure you are comfortable answering commonly asked interview questions. Common interview questions can be found online. Take it to the next level and practice answering the questions out loud or with a friend.
- Familiarize yourself with the job description. What makes you a good fit for this role?
- Some positions may require a reference list or examples of past work. While this will vary depending on the position, it is good to keep in mind past work or projects that may apply to this new role.
- As you are researching the company, role, or even during the interview, if you have a question, ask!
- The day of the interview, dress appropriately, bring resume copies, and plan on arriving a little early. These steps all will help in ensuring the interview is as successful as possible.
During your interview, remember to be authentic. We are not looking for the "right" answer but instead looking to learn more about you and how you would be a good fit in the company.
Life At Suburban
6. What is the company culture like at Suburban?
Good culture fit is important to us and at nearly 100 people, you are more than just a number. By living our values our people learn, grow and bring ideas, recommendations and solutions contributing to both personal and organizational success. A collaborative commitment to training, mentoring, and can-do attitude, drives advancement opportunities within a team or into other departments, including engineering, machining, logistics, sales and more. We actively seek candidates that embody our values.
7. Does Suburban offer training opportunities?
Yes, we have training opportunities available. Specific training is dependent on the area you are working in. Your leaders will provide you with the training you need to be successful. At Suburban, we invest in our employees. Through our tuition and class reimbursement benefits, you are able to advance your education and career. Learn more about advancement programs for employees seeking to grow.
8. What unique benefits does Suburban offer?
In addition to an upbeat work environment, we offer industry standard benefits:
- Generous paid time off, extended paid time off, and holiday time off
- Competitive wages
- Parental paid time off for birth of child
- Basic Life and Accidental Insurance
- 401k with company match contributions
- Short- and Long-term Disability Insurance and Additional Short-term Disability Pay
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance with employer premium cost share
- Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
We also offer a variety of unique benefits:
- No mandatory overtime
- Paid volunteer time
- Tuition/class reimbursement
- Student loan payment assistance for graduates
- Quarterly luncheons, holiday parties, and other team events - including an annual trip to a Twins baseball game
- Access to free company golf membership at select nearby courses
9. What does the work week look like?
Specific work hours and days are position specific. Some positions offer 4-day work weeks with no required overtime. Other positions are in the office 5 days a week.
10. Why should I choose to work at Suburban?
Suburban is a family owned company that is rapidly growing in multiple industries. We are shaping the future by creating products that solve problems, simplify processes, and provide consistent performance for the fluid power industries. We offer competitive benefits and great work-life balance. Join our team and enjoy who you work with!
If you have any questions during the interview process, please reach out to HR at email@example.com. Check out our current job openings.